Please check back frequently for changes and updates. Future BIMI programs may require BIMI certificates. Note:
- These steps and resources are not final and will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Each participating mailbox provider has their own criteria for determining when a domain’s BIMI logo may be displayed. Please see the Senders FAQ for more guidance.
- To view BIMI adoption status by mailbox provider, visit this BIMI Group infographic
Authenticate all of your organization’s emails with SPF, DKIM and DMARC – ensure all are aligned
- DMARC policy must be at enforcement:
- Reject on the organizational domain and subdomain policy (i.e. p=reject; sp=reject)
- or Quarantine at 100 percent (i.e. p=quarantine; pct=100)
- Note: “None” policies or ‘pct’ less than 100 percent are not accepted
- Need DMARC Help? Head over to DMARC.org for the latest information
Produce an SVG Tiny PS version of your official logo
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Tiny PS Specification
- Read more about the SVG tools available to help
- More information on creating your SVG image
Step 3 (Recommended, but Optional)
Acquire a Verified Mark Certificate (VMC) for Your Logo
VMCs exist to validate ownership of an organization’s logo; the certificates are based on registered trademarks of the logo/image; information on supported jurisdictions here.
At this time, VMCs are being issued by two accepted Mark Verifying Authorities:
Publish a BIMI record for your domain in DNS
a= tag is currently optional
- default._bimi.[domain] IN TXT “v=BIMI1; l=[SVG URL]; a=[PEM URL]
- Validate or create your BIMI record with the BIMI Inspector